Recognize the name, Troy Alexander? He’s the famed bartender who created the popular drink known as the Brandy Alexander. It’s said that star singer, John Lennon, was a big fan of this concoction and drank it regularly. Anyway, like Troy, we are creators and love to make new cocktails, which is why we came up with this Magic Destructed Bourbon Alexander.
To make it a bourbon Alexander, we used our Wheat Penny Bourbon instead of the Brandy. Another substitute was our Magic Rabbit® Whiskey for the Crème de Cocoa. We thought, let’s make this even better by adding that sweet nutty taste to the equation.
When you are frothing the top layer be sure to mix until it’s very creamy, and then carefully pour on top of the bourbon mixture when serving.
Have fun! Enjoy yourself. And please, drink responsibly.
Magic Rabbit should be arriving at your favorite liquor store soon. Follow the link to find delicious chocolate peanut butter whiskey, Magic Rabbit.
- 1 1/2oz Magic Rabbit Whiskey
- 1 1/2oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- 1/2oz Amaretto
- 1oz Heavy Cream
- 1oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/8 t Modernist Pantry’s Foam Magic
- Nutmeg for Garnish
- In a cocktail tin with ice combine Wheat Penny and Magic Rabbit, set aside.
- In another cocktail, tin combine Amaretto, Heavy Cream, Almond Milk, and Foam Magic. Blend with a milk frother for about a minute, or until the mixture doubles in size and is very creamy.
- Stir the first tin and strain it into a chilled coupe glass.
- Carefully layer the foam on top and dust with nutmeg.